Department Of Education
Department of Education:
Adhikhsa Adhikam Phalam(“Best efforts bring best results”)-- Department of Education believes in such proverbial dictum. For the agile progress of one’s vocation Department of Education, Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University is the right destination. Expert and highly competent teachers with their expertise knowledge and unique teaching technique will enrich you. Learners can avail their teachers days in and days out. They can easily get the access of their teachers for any consultation. Teachers are always waiting with their amiable welcome. Department of Education takes Regular class tests for the regular appraisal of the learners. Department of Education affords Special guidance regarding UGC NET/SET with connoisseur teachers and sometimes visiting professors from distinguished colleges and universities. One in a week, Department of Education conducts a motivating class. Department of Education provides apposite guidance and counseling to learners who are suffering from pathlessness. Department of Education of this university offers the learners to avail digital learning system. Learners can now learn in this university with interacting classroom atmosphere. Of late, Department of Education has accommodated a well-furnished computer lab. Learners can get their study material both in soft copy and in hard copy.
From the desk of Head of the Department
In addition to the other teachers of the Department of Education, Head of the Department is a devoted and enthusiastic teacher. In this short span of time, he has created a bond of cordiality and a blissful chain of harmony and brotherhood. In creating homely atmosphere, HOD himself is the forebear. In the meantime, he has successfully run a ten days ICSSR Sponsored Research Methodology Workshop (2013). He knows how to stoop and conquer the minds of the colleagues and students as well. He is committed to root well our university with sincerity and honest labour.
Mission and vision:
With commitment and sincere dedication, Department of Education is stanch to ‘become a name’---
Death closes all
Something ere the end,
Some work of noble note may yet done.
The Department of Education, SKB University already has performed the following activities enthusiastically:
1. Conducted a UGC sponsored National Seminar on Peace Education ( in collaboration with STT College).
2. ICSSR Sponsored Research Methodology Workshop for Ph.D. Students is conducted.
3. Observed 5th September as Teachers’ day.
4. Organized Special Lectures for students by Prof. Samita Manna ( Hon’ble VC of Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University ), Dr. K.C. Sahoo (Visva-Bharati), Dr. J. Mete (Kalyani University) and Dr. B.C. Mondal (STT College, SKBU), Dr. Swapan Sen, ( Principal , Vidyasagar Teachers’ Training College, Dr. Shyamal Kr. Biswas (STT College, Purulia) & Dr. U.K. Panda, (Principal, STT College, Purulia)
5. Presentation of Research Papers by our students in National Seminar on Peace Education.
6. Students won prizes in the University and Inter College Athletic Meet.
7. Paper presentation by teachers in UGC Sponsored National Seminar.
8. Freshers welcome by the Department.
M.A(Triple), B.Ed, M.Ed, Ph.DProfessor
M.Sc., M.Ed., Ph.D.
M.A.(Double), Ph.DAssistant Professor